Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Bernard Sumner's Ten Worst Rhymes

1. Here comes love, it's like honey / You can't buy it with money (Crystal)
2. But out there the world is a beautiful place / With mountains, lakes and the human race (Krafty)
3. Every second counts / When I am with you / I think you are a pig / You should be in a zoo (Every Little Counts)
4. I like walking in the park / When it gets late at night / I move round in the dark (Subculture)
5. Even now, I'm all alone / Behind a wall that's made of stone (State Of The Nation)
6. My wife she lay upon the floor / And with tears her eyes were sore (Love Vigilantes)
7. Love is the cure for every evil / Love is the air that supports the eagle (Thieves Like Us)
8. It don't take no Houdini / To tell me what I am / Parasites and literasites / They'd burn me if they can (All The Way)
9. But even though I give you special treatment / You keep getting high, juvenile delinquent (Chemical)
10. Your country is a wonderful place / It pales my England into disgrace / To buy a drink that is so much more reasonable / I think I'll go there when it gets seasonable (Sooner Than You Think)

1 comment:

Mark said...

Addendum: I always thought No.1 was "You CAN buy it with money", which would be up there with his brilliant, bleakest best. But, umm, it isn't...