Thursday, January 17, 2008
Ten Reasons Why 'Everything She Wants' Is The Greatest Pop Single Of The 80s
1. It's a love song about hating a Thatcherite capitalist.
2. Just in case the message got lost, it contains the line 'My God! I don't even think that I love you!'
3. It either doesn't have a chorus, or it's got about eight.
4. The bassline sounds like early Eddy Grant.
5. "And now you tell me that you're having my baby /
I'll tell you that I'm happy if you want me to /
But one step further and my back will break /
If my best isn't good enough /
Then how can it be good enough for two?"
6. The "Don't you tell me" backing vocals are proof he was a big fan of Landscape.
7. The best bit is the "My situation" bridge, which is only on the remix.
8. At one point the lyrics to the backing vocals are: "Wham! Wham!" Wham!"
9. That's probably the only bit he let Andrew do.
10. It's from an album called 'Wham! Make It Big', which the Pet Shop Boys would kill their grandmothers to have come up with first.